Chairman of the Concord Pools Advisory Board
Mike's entry into the pool business in 1972 was a summer job while attending Bishop Gibbons High School in Schenectady, NY. Upon graduating from Saint Michael's College in 1977 Mike was promoted to Vice President of Carmen-Goody Imperial Pools in Colonie, NY. Mike purchased Concord Pools in 1980, which at the time was a small in-ground pool builder installing 30-40 pools a year.
During the 80's under Mike's leadership, Concord Pools grew to be the nation's #1 Heldor Pool Dealer, installing nearly 500 pools in 1988. Upon the demise of several of the major steel pool manufacturers in the late 80's, Mike teamed with Pacific Pools of Latham, NY. Along with his staff, Mike revolutionized the local pool industry and co-patented the famous I-Brace. Now the largest Pacific Pool dealer in the Country, Concord Pools is recognized as the undisputed leader in swimming pool installation and design with over 10,000 in-ground pools within the Capital District.
Mike resides in Saratoga Springs with his wife Debbie.
Professional Achievements and Qualifications
• An Inductee into the Pacific Pools Hall of Fame
• A "Masters of Design" Winner By Pool and Spa News
• The Dealer of the Year in North America 2005-2006 by Pool and Spa News
• Named to the "Power 50" Top 50 Pool Dealers in America
• Recipient of the Latham International "Presidents Award" Recognizing Mike's Lifetime Achievement in the Industry
• Chairman of the Pacific Pools Showcase Builders Advisory Board
• Listed in the Registry of Great American Pool Builders
• First Place Winner - Vinyl Liner Pool Design of Excellence Awards by Pool and Spa News
• First Place Winner for Vinyl Liner Design 2005-2006 By Aqua Magazine
• An A.P.S.P. (Association of Pool and Spa Professionals) Instructor
• A Licensed Real Estate Broker and a Member of the NY State Horse Racing Association as well as the National Ski Patrol
• A Benefactor of the Saratoga Hospital Care Foundation and Various Other Civic Groups